Back pain may now be the leading cause of disability worldwide. Here at Top Chiro, our team of highly-experienced, fully-trained professionals strive to deliver exceptional chiropractic care to help people live their best lives.
WHAT CAUSES BACK PAIN
Unless caused by a specific trauma it can often be hard to pinpoint the exact cause of back pain. Back pain is often due to repetitive motions as opposed to an isolated issue. But why does the body experience back pain when it seems otherwise resilient?
Sitting at a desk all day or gardening for hours are a couple of ways in which back pain can present itself. It is more likely if you’re active – if you play sport, you’ll experience lots of knocks and falls and this could, over time, cause back pain.
Regardless of how it is caused, back pain can start to affect your everyday life. This is why it is so important to diagnose the likely cause and commence care promptly. Bad posture can also cause back pain as it can change how our joints and muscles work.
If back pain has come on as a result of an accident or a trauma of some kind, then the effects of it will be felt almost immediately. In this case, you’ll be able to pinpoint the exact cause and notify your chiropractor. This information will help them to deliver the care you need to relieve symptoms and restore full motion to your spine.
Back pain can also be caused by a prolapsed or bulging disc. This puts pressure on one or more nerves, or on the spinal cord, which can cause severe back pain. If you are experiencing severe pain it’s important that you see an expert to diagnose the cause and recommend an appropriate plan of action.
HOW BACK PAIN CAN BE DIAGNOSED?
When it comes to diagnosing back pain, our team of specialist chiropractors needs to know all the details surrounding your condition. This includes medical history, lifestyle and diet because, unless you sustained injury as a result of an accident or trauma it is likely that a number of factors are responsible for your condition.
If you choose to have chiropractic care from one of our specialists, you can rest assured that you’ll receive the very best bespoke care for your back pain in Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. Some of the methods we use here at Top Chiro are as follows:
- Knowing, analysing and understanding your medical history
- Carrying out a postural analysis in order to identify any imbalances
- Taking images of your back to determine posture and predict how long it will take for realignment to occur
- Taking digital x-rays when clinically indicated
- Measuring your weight distribution to determine the pressure placed on each side of the body
- Conducting a mobility assessment for each segment of the spine to identify any segments that are stuck, aren’t moving smoothly or moving excessively (hyper-mobility)
- Neurological testing will be undertaken to establish how well the nervous system is functioning
- Using a nervoscope to uncover points of pain and/or inflammation along the spine
Discuss your case & ask questions without obligation.
What can you expect
Effective Care For Back Pain
When it comes to debilitating back pain, it’s understandable that all of our patients want the problem to be solved as quickly and as effectively as possible. When choosing Top Chiro for care in Milton Keynes, you will be offered a plan of care that is tailored to your individual requirements. We endeavour to provide expert advice and plans of care which include:
- Specific exercises and stretches suitable for your condition
- Using hot or cold compresses or wraps that are applied to the affected area – reduces pains, aches and swelling
- Ergonomically adjusting your workspace in line with Health and Safety regulations
- Carrying out chiropractic adjustments to bring the spine and surrounding joints back to a natural, balanced state
- Our highly-qualified chiropractors will recommend exercises and stretches that effectively reduce back pain and enable quicker and more effective healing. Our chiropractors in Milton Keynes are fully-trained to
- perform hands-on corrective chiropractic adjustments.
How Do I Get Started?
We offer a no obligation complimentary spinal screening for anyone who would like to see if chiropractic care is the right fit for them. During this time you will have a chance to speak with a chiropractor about you case and be scanned using out state of the art scanners to build a neural profile.
If you think chiropractic is right for you you can then book in your initial consultation.
During your initial consultation, we perform a range of tests and examinations to understand how well your body is functioning. We do this by conducting a neurological and spinal examination (including x-rays if clinically necessary).
Once we have examined your case we will invite you back to explain what we have found and give you a plan to get back to resolve your problems. It’s important to note that the number of appointments you need will largely depend on:
- The nature and severity of your back pain
- How long you have had the back pain
- The overall condition of your muscles and skeletal structure
- How well your nervous system responds to the adjustments
How Long Does It Take To Get Better?
This varies from person to person. Some factors to consider are:
- How long you’ve had the back pain
- Your current level of health and condition of your structure
- The severity of your pain
- How well your nervous system responds to the adjustments
Our experienced, knowledgeable chiropractors in Milton Keynes will be able to advise you during the second visit, after completing the initial chiropractic check-up. Having the results in hand enables our chiropractors to give you specific recommendations and advice. You will also have a chance to have your questions answered by a qualified professional.